[Previous] [Next] [Index] [Thread]

Re: GSS API (as a DLL)...

> Now that I've said that, I'll be a hypocrite.  This is www-security,
> not random-os-security.  There are other lists for that.

I quite agree.  I think we've been missing the
(important-for-this-list) point.  The original
point was that we want/need a modular architecture
which would allow 'drop-in' security modules for
new security protocols and new encryption techniques
as they become available or necessary.

We need to keep this as a requirement.  Then the
design can focus on the necessary API's -- that
is, ''design this thing *as if* we are going to
dynamically link or use shared libraries''.
But dynamic linking or shared libraries is NOT
a requirement.

jeff

Follow-Ups: References: